Welcome to the Illinois Sleep Society
The Illinois Sleep Society was established in 2008 as a non-profit organization with the following goals:
- To promote and support research and education in polysomnography and sleep medicine. To encourage and assist in the advancement of scientific and technical standards of polysomnographic technology.
- To protect and preserve both the patient and public trust in doctoral-level sleep clinicians and polysomnographic technologists by promoting the highest level of clinical standards for patient care and safety and to produce the highest quality of polysomnographic data and patient care.
- To promote increased awareness of sleep research and sleep medicine.
- To promote and improve standards of training and qualifications for doctoral-level sleep clinicians and polysomnographic technologists.
- To provide a unified voice for sleep professionals in matters of insurance reimbursement, testing standards and the application of treatment modalities for sleep disorders.
- To develop and maintain the essentials to perpetuate the Society and its objectives.
Membership in the Illinois Sleep Society afford the following benefits
- Reduced fees for attending Society-sponsored events and educational courses
- Eligibility to contribute to our efforts by serving on Society committees
- Regular email alerts about information relevant to the practice of sleep medicine in Illinois
- Regular email alerts about research funding opportunities